- Book of Genesis: Genesis 1:26-28: "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let..."
- Book of Genesis: Genesis 27:27: "Therefore God give thee of the dew of heaven, and the fatness of the earth,..."
- Gospel of Matthew: Matthew 10:16: "Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore..."
- Book of Psalms: Verse 139:12: "Yeah, the darkness hideth not from thee, but the night shineth as the day: the..."
- Book of Isaiah: Verse 60:19: "The sun shall be no more thy light by day, neither for brightness shall the..."
The King James Version (KJV), commonly known as the Authorized Version (AV) or King James Bible (KJB), is an English translation of the Christian Bible begun in 1604 and completed in 1611. As with most other translations of the period, the New Testament was translated from Greek, the Old Testament was translated from Hebrew text, while the Apocrypha were translated from the Greek and Latin.